My Experience With the AWS "Build a Modern Web App" Project
I recently stumbled across this interesting project on aws.amazon.com.
The project/tutorial walks you through setting up a well-architected modern web application called Mythical Mysfits that enables visitors to adopt a fantasy creature (mysfit) as pet. (You can see a working sample of this website at: mythicalmysfits.com)
I decided to record myself in real-time completing the project.
Take a look below for the live walkthrough:
Stage 1 - Create Static Website
- Services used: AWS Cloud9, Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
Stage 2 - Build Dynamic Website
- Services used: AWS Fargate, AWS CloudFormation, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), AWS Elastic Container Registry (ECR), AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS CodeBuild
Stage 3 - Store Mysfit Data
- Services used: Amazon DynamoDB
Stage 4 - Add User Registration
- Services used: Amazon Cognito, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
Stage 5 - Capture User Clicks
- Services used: AWS CloudFormation, AWS Kinesis Firehose, Amazon S3, Amazon API Gateway, AWS Lambda, AWS CodeCommit, AWS Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM), AWS SAM Command Line Interface (SAM CLI)